For Sunday’s game, which kicks off at 1:00 PM ET on FOX, oddsmakers have installed player props on Marvin Jones Jr.. This Week 3 matchup features Jones’ Detroit Lions (1-1) taking on the Atlanta Falcons (2-0) at Ford Field in Detroit, Michigan.
Marvin Jones Jr. Week 3 Player Props
- Matchup: Detroit Lions vs. Atlanta Falcons
- Time: 1:00 PM
- Date: September 24, 2023
- Receiving Yards Prop: Over 22.5 (-115)
Jones Receiving Stats and Trends
- Jones’ 33.1 receiving yards per game average from last season is 10.6 yards more than his prop bet over/under for Sunday’s game (22.5).
- In 16 games last season, he put up more than 22.5 receiving yards nine times.
- A year ago, Jones averaged 33.1 receiving yards per game, which is 0.6 more yards than his average prop bet over/under from last season (32.5).
- Jones hit the over on receiving yards prop bets in five of his 15 games (33.3%) a season ago.
- In three of 16 games last season, he had a receiving touchdown. But he did not have a game with multiple receiving TDs.
Bet on Marvin Jones Jr. and other players at BetMGM.
Lions Vs. Falcons Stats and Trends
- This week Jones will face what was the NFL’s 25th-ranked pass defense last season (231.9 yards allowed per game).
- In terms of defending against the run, the Falcons were 23rd in the league last year, giving up 130.2 yards per game.
- Despite sporting a bottom-five pass defense last season that ranked third-worst in the NFL (245.8 passing yards allowed per game), the Lions played better on offense, ranking eighth in the NFL by putting up 251.8 passing yards per game.
- Despite having a bottom-five run defense that ranked fourth-worst in the NFL (146.5 rushing yards allowed per game) last season, the Lions put up better results on offense, ranking 11th in the NFL by totaling 128.2 rushing yards per game.
- The Lions had one of the most efficient offenses in the NFL (fourth in yards per play at 6.1) last season, while their defense was one of the most generous (6.4 yards allowed per play, 32nd in the league).